Wednesday 18 November 2009

Me&Yu.

For my work placement year I decided to contact a fashion label which I already had love for and ask them to have me for a year! Luckily Angie and Gordon of Me&Yu said yes to me and I started my 12 months on the 3rd of August this year. Me&Yu are an independent label based in Manchester and sell in the fabulous Afflecks of the Northern Quarter of Manchester City Centre - I'll blog about Afflecks in the near future. The label consists solely of Angie and Gordon, a boyfriend/girlfriend team, and produces hand printed hoodies, sweatshirts, t-shirts and vests, along with to die for screen printed fabric cleverly crafted into dresses, skirts and cardigans.

Everything about Me&Yu is done with love and thought and most importantly with you in mind. I could have gone to London and sat in a PR office all day sending out samples, attending posh parties handing out drinks and steaming garments on a shoot BUT that's not me. I didn't want to blend into the background on my placement - I wanted to have a hands on experience which I learnt something from. I'm loving being at Me&Yu and sewing, pattern cutting, doing photoshoots, assisting on photoshoots, working in Afflecks, blogging and meeting lots of cool people along the way!

Take a look at the link for Me&Yu's website (I promise you you'll love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment