Thursday 10 December 2009

My new label crush.

I love coming across designers which make me want to talk about them and use in my sketchbooks for inspiration. And todays turn is Ostwald Helgason. I had this label bookmarked and only just re-found it today whilst clearing my bookmarked pages. Ostwald Helgason consists of Susanne Ostwald and Ingvar Helgason and they work together to produce amazing tailoring and draping which gives the brand their signature look. I love the prints and colours which they work so closely on and what I love most is that they are a high-end label who describe their consumer as having "no specific age or social background". Their designs can be worn by any woman of any age - although I haven't been able to find a price yet which is definitely a bad sign as to whether students like me can afford it!





From the images above it's easy to see how the label uses traditional tailoring in a contemporary way and I don't know about you but I adore men's style tailoring on women. It's not my personal style but if I was sophisticated I would definitely be all over the tailored look! I would also do anything for that baggy tye-dye print coat.


No comments:

Post a Comment